Welcome to the Association of Women Educators.
The Association of Women Educators (AWE) is a professional body, founded in 1983. AWE, through its Branches and Executive, works actively to further the participation of women and girls in education.
- Encourages and supports women, so that they can effectively pursue careers in education;
- Works to eliminate all forms of discrimination in curriculum, in institutional practices and in policies;
- Undertakes research projects to make a difference to girls' education;
- Responds to issues of concern for women both in education and the community;
- Lobbies for further reforms and change generally to enhance the position of women in education and society.
Over the last three decades, AWE has achieved significant outcomes through the delivery of national events, activities and projects aimed at promoting women and girls in education. The Association's ongoing work is greatly supported by the acquisition of National and State grants.
Membership of the Association of Women Educators is open to women who work in education and to women who are interested in the education of women and girls. We invite you to join us in our work, and as we celebrate our achievements - 30 years on.